What Can I Bring?
The City accepts cardboard, metal and plastic plant containers on a monthly basis. These items will be accepted during this event as well.
We thank Goodwill Industries, Matthew 25 Ministries, Operation Give Back and Royal Document Shredding for partnering with us again this year. To see a full list of items these vendors will accept and not accept, please click on the following tabs.
What They Will Accept:
- Flat Screen Televisions
- Flat Screen Computer Monitors
What They Will NOT Accept:
- Large Appliances: Washers/Dryers, Dishwashers, Air Conditioners, Stoves, Refrigerators, Water Heaters, Dehumidifiers/Humidifiers
- Furniture: Mattresses/Box Springs, Soiled or Torn Items, Items in need of repairs, Waterbeds, Pianos, Sleeper Sofa
- Infant/Child Items: Baby Swings, High Chairs, Infant Car Seats, Strollers, Damaged Toys, Cribs/Playpens/Pack and Plays
- Construction/Building Supplies/Automotive: Masonry/Bricks/Concrete, Plumbing Supplies, Indoor/Outdoor Lighting Fixtures, Doors, Screens, Pools/Tubs, Windows, Cabinetry, Awnings, Sheds, Lockers, Carpet, Swing Sets, Batteries, Tires, Car Parts
- Hazardous Waste/Chemical: Paints/Stains/Varnishes/Lacquers, Acids/Solvents/Shellacs/Thinners/Glues, Flammable Liquids, Propane/Gas Tanks, Fuel Kerosene, Household/Industrial Cleaners, Pesticides/Herbicides/Insecticide, Fungicide/Processed Chemicals, Coal/Tar/Pitch, Catalysts/Fiberglass, Benzene/Solders, Adhesives/Water Treatment, Aerosols/Lead/Asbestos, Lye/Etching Agents/Dusts, Resins/Degreasers
- Miscellaneous: Hangers, Encyclopedias, Live Animals, Food, Large Console TV, Rear Projection TV, Tube Style TV, CRT Computer Monitors
Matthew 25: Ministries
What they will accept: Acrylic/Latex Paint cans that are at least 1/3 full-WATER BASED ONLY IN ORIGINAL CONTAINERS WITH LABELS ON CANS, Empty pill and vitamin bottles with labels removed.
What they will NOT accept: Oil-based paint, Stains, Lacquers, Polyurethanes and Aerosol paint bottles.
Operation Give Back
What they will accept:
- New School Supplies
- Sycamore Aves Spirit Wear
- Gently Used Coats
- New Mittens
Royal Document Shredding
Typical paper products to shred include:
- Old bills Medical records and claims
- Books Bank statements
- Receipts Old credit cards
- Tax records Files and file folders
- Checks Anything that lists personal information
*Please remove paper from notebooks and binders. Paper clips and staples DO NOT have to be removed. No binder clips please. CDs or DVDs cannot be shredded.
To serve everybody efficiently, there will be a maximum of 3 boxes (copy paper size or similar) per person in line, and you must be present. Volunteers will be available to assist.
Habitat for Humanity ReStore
What they will accept:
- Working Appliances (No dishwashers or hot water heaters prior to 2013)
- Construction Supplies
- Unblemished hardwood flooring
- Cermic Tile
- Bath Vanities and Countertops
- Ceiling fans with mounting hardware
- Roofing materials-shingles ( whole bundles, rolls of roofing materials, new roofing and gutter materials with no damage)
- Windows (double pane only, pre-inspected and free of rot with glass intact; no cracks or fogging in glass)
What they will NOT accept:
- Baby Items or toys
- Blinds, Drapes, Window treatments
- Chemicals – Paint thinner, pesticides, fertilizers, and other toxic, hazardous chemicals
- Computer Monitors
- Entertainment centers
- Faucets made before 2013
- Flourescent and CFL bulbs and fixtures
- Gym and exercise equipment
- Mattresses & box springs
- Unframed glass or mirrors
- Used glass shower doors
- Used metal office desks, used wood desks over 48″ , and office partitions/cubicle
- Used paint
- Water beds or hot tubs
What NOT to Bring
Hazardous household materials such as batteries, chlorine, gas, oil, engine degreasers, etc. will not be accepted during this event.
Light Bulbs of any kind will not be accepted during this event.
Thank You To Our Partners